During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important to keep health and safety in mind. At Heliades Villas we follow a set of COVID-19 safety practices which are based on guidance from the World Health Organization and the Greek COVID-19 Advisory. In addition, we are familiar with the general health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 safety, continuously monitor applicable government travel restrictions and advisories, and follow all national and local guidelines.
Heliades Villas has developed an action plan and individual protocol for each member of our staff to take measures and protect against the spread of Covid-19.
Learn more about our Health and Safety Protocol.
- We always wear a mask or face covering when interacting in person
- We maintain 2 meters (6 feet) of distance from each other at all times
- We encourage our guests to regularly wash their hands, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, we provide hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
All staff members:
- Are trained on practices for cleaning and disinfecting and are following hygiene rules to avoid transmitting the virus (frequent hand washing, avoiding handshakes, physical distancing, and avoiding contact of hands with eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Are provided with personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, face shields, protective robes etc.
- One day extension of duration of check-out and check-in between stays so that rooms can be cleaned, disinfected and naturally ventilated
- Antiseptic is always available.
- Frequent disinfection of all surfaces.
- All team members are fully informed and can inform guests of the Villas rules and of any measure taken by the relevant Greek authorities.
- A medical kit is always available, which includes thermometer, disposable gloves, masks, and antiseptic.
- Improved disinfection and deep cleaning practices have been implemented in accordance with the Health Organization’s instructions.
- Steam appliance is used to clean all surfaces and fabrics between stays.
- In addition to the normal cleaning procedures, all widely used areas and objects like door handles, countertops, tables, are being sanitized and disinfected frequently.
- Individual antiseptic gel and antiseptic wipes are provided to the guests.
- Wash all linens at a high temperature for optimal disinfection.
- The cleaning and change of sheets, pillowcases, and towels is carried out only upon request from guests.
- We ventilate the spaces before and during cleaning
- We use disinfectants for use against COVID-19
- Our staff washes or disinfects their hands and wears a mask and gloves during the cleaning process.
- We sweep, vacuum, dust, mop and steam-clean all areas before sanitizing
- We use washing machines for all dishes and laundry at the highest heat setting possible
- We use approved sanitizers to reduce the number of bacteria on surfaces such as doorknobs and TV remotes and make sure that we:
- Spray frequently touched surfaces in each room with an approved disinfectant spray
- Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the label
- Allow surfaces to air-dry
- We refer to a checklist to make sure that all areas are cleaned and sanitized between each stay
- We share these requirements with our hosting team and cleaning professionals
Cleaning sanitizing equipment
To help prevent cross-contamination, we finish cleaning, steam cleaning and sanitizing a room before replacing items for the next guest.
- We wash our hands and replace gloves before replacing guest supplies, linens, and cleaning kits
- We dispose of or wash cleaning supplies and protective gear
- We do not re-enter a room once it has been sanitized
- We clean our equipment (ie: vacuum, microfiber cloths) between each cleaning
At this point we should mention that Heliades Villas is offered The Greek National Tourism Organization’s Covid-19 Safety Certificate for the policies implemented.